The Digital Bible Library 4.4 was released on November 27, 2015. It provides a collection of new features and updates for licensing, API access, ePub generation, USX and text metadata improvements, and a general UI refresh.
- Licensing – Support for ‘open access’ type releases. (docs)
- Licensing – Support for external agreement attachments.
- Licensing – Support for allowing LCHs to submit requests for access to content prior to finalizing a common agreement with the IPC (the request is received; no access is granted until an agreement is established).
- API – Access tokens for API access, with configurable roles. (docs)
- Automated ePub generation (available to IPC’s for their own managed text entries; requires login with Publisher role).
- Support – Integrated helpdesk widget
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Simplified entry page interface with collapsible sections.
- Text bundles – USX – Standardized references metadata (machine-readable <ref> element added for all validated scripture references). Only present for newly uploaded content. (docs)
- Text bundles – metadata – Added <language><nameLocal> for supplying autonyms. Text metadata will be migrated across DBL to add this field for all known autonyms.
- The Global Bible Catalogue now provides a language reference which will assist with gathering unknown autonym metadata for new entries (http://globalbiblecatalogue.org/gbc/static/app.html#/languages).
- A new public DBL website.
Scripture text content summary at the time of this release:
- 1185 entries
- 945 unique languages
- 385 complete Bibles
- 758 New Testaments
- 43 Portions
- 128 contributing entities